Saturday, May 14, 2005

Preparing for Tiger

Just took a 4 day trip to the San Francisco area to visit family & friends. Had a great time at Pescadero beach and up in Sonoma and Napa. While we were away my Family Pack finally arrived from Amazon. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. I had a gift certificate and Amazon is running a $50 rebate for Tiger purchases made by 05/31/05. If you don't need the Family Pack there's a $30 rebate on a single license.

So, I'm cloning drives, repairing permissions and preparing to install Tiger this evening. My storage situation is worse than we first thought! I have multiple machines and a total of 310 GB in the machines themselves!!! Sheesh. Now I'm pricing even larger hard drives to get my back-up capacity in line with the machines. It is truly amazing how quickly drive space is gobbled up by video. I thought mp3's, photos, Illustrator and Photoshop files were bad. (-;

The plan is to upgrade my AlBook then my husband's TiBook and then finally our iMac. Might be finished in the wee hours after all are completed. Once I'm sure everything is in working order I'll have to post a couple of the best photos from our trip.

No comments: