Monday, June 20, 2005

Music finds on the net

After reading a few "news" articles online about audio blogs I went to one referenced site that I'd highly recommend. There is a wonderful guitarist out there who is recording early music. Visit Jon Sayles website for a hefty dose of excellent FREE recordings of 2, 3, 4 and 5-part songs and instrumental selections from the 14th - 17th Centuries.


I'm glad to see he put a link up on his site to the higher quality 2-CD set he has recorded as a fundraiser for a charity for seizure disorders in the U.K. You can get the higher quality recordings from www.stars.org. The price is ridiculously cheap for the quality and quantity of recordings that Jon has provided.


I for one hope that Jon keeps playing AND keeps recording early music for those of us who thoroughly enjoy the guitar (having made meager attempts at playing it myself years ago).

No comments: